7.10.2008

I've Been Inspired!

Tuesday night I was at a good friend and associates house for a meeting and I was staring into her kitchen and LOVING her *black* bead board. Isn't it so beautiful! If you know me well, you know I LOVE BLACK! She was so kind to provide me with a picture. I just love the black with the beigey/tanny whatever walls (actually, she told me the paint color is Charro for the walls, and Oyster for the trim). So I was staring at it thinking how I was tired of my red (been that way for nearly 3 1/2 years) and I was ready for a fun change. Thank you Tracy for inspiring me! Then last night, at 4:00 am (I was feeding Logan, of course) I came across this blog (mom - click on where it says "this blog" after you read this post)- this mommy has been redoing her house... and I LOVE what she did in her kitchen! She painted her kitchen cabinets BLACK!!! MORE INSPIRATION! Currently, my cabinets are painted this almond color. Something needs to be done because there are a few cracked/peeling spots - plus all the spots where my kids have rubbed the bar stool arms on the paint (lovely scrapes of paint missing). Anyway, I wanted some opinions on this idea. I think it would be a pretty inexpensive way of changing my kitchen around. I'd love to do new counter tops and a sink... but we'll have to see on that. And don't even get me started on my floor again. Anyway - I'd love to hear your thoughts! No lurking allowed on this one! I want your opinion!

3 peeps sharin the love!:

Aubri said...

I think it sounds super cute! I love bead board, especially in fun colors. I say go for it!

Monica said...

I am a big fan of the black. I think it looked good in that girls pic. Did you design your own blog back ground?

Mama Yo said...

Monica - I got my *FREE* background from Leelou blogs - http://www.leeloublogs.blogspot.com/